Annually, November 20th is recognized as National Child’s Day. During this day, educators celebrate the potential of our children’s ambitions, dreams, and goals. Through STEAM projects, academic missions, and educational objectives set forth by Walton Academy, the best private school Greenville NC educators and families, together we join forces to strive and reach excellent levels of education at every age. Education begins at home with continued learning and building confidence in themselves to pursue their dreams. By assisting your team of Walton Academy professionals at home, we can collectively help our students reach their full potential, but how can you help?
- Asking kids questions about their school day, such as what they’re learning, what their favorite part of the day is, and if they are having trouble with anything.
- Be proactive with your teachers.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences that are held by Walton Academy, the best private school Greenville NC.
- If you know your child is struggling in a subject, practice more with them at home by reading books, practicing flashcards, asking them to spell words out, or talk to them about history and science that occurs in your daily life.
- Have conversations with your child about their favorite celebrities, or other people they admire, and talk about their education. Encourage them if they want to be like “them” one day that a great way to get there is through education!
- Allow your children to watch educational television shows and online videos. They feel as though they are receiving screen time, while are learning at the same time.
- Be creative! Have a craft night or have them help you while cooking in the kitchen. Make this fun for them by playing small games or making their favorite foods while learning.
- If you are rusty on a subject that your child is learning about, offer to sit and learn it with them. Youtube is a great platform for educational videos that are actually very helpful!
- Get involved with your classroom, and other parents at Walton Academy, the best private school Greenville NC. The more time you spend incorporating yourself with your child’s surroundings, the more connected you will be with your child!
If you are interested in celebrating National Child’s Day this November 20th and would like more ideas or tips on how, get in touch with your child’s teacher at Walton Academy, the best private school Greenville NC, or read through more of our Walton Academy blog’s. While National Child’s Day is only celebrated once a year, that is no reason to refrain from communicating with your student, extending their learning in any way possible, and encouraging them to stay in school and work their hardest. This attention and encouragement can help a student go a long way in life, and you will be the one to thank!
Walton Academy, Premiere Private School Greenville NC
There are certainly mental, physical, and developmental benefits to being involved in your child’s learning progress. Walton Academy, the best private school Greenville NC encourages you to practice the tips mentioned above to help balance, manage, and extend your child’s love for learning!