To Our Walton Academy Parents,
Welcome to an exciting 2019-2020 school year at Walton Academy! We can’t wait for another amazing year full of new learning experiences as we explore through literature, mathematics and STEAM. As this new year begins, please remember that the most meaningful factor in your child’s elementary school success is YOUR participation!
How can you help your child be successful in school?
1. Read EVERYDAY! You can read to your child or have your child read to you. Either way, read!
2. Create a consistent after-school routine. Help your child study and complete their homework each day.
3. Be positive! Always speak positively about school, learning, and your child’s teachers.
4. Encourage! Give your child the opportunity to excel in all areas of their academics.
5. Be sure that your child is getting plenty of rest each night and is ready for school (on time) each day.
6. Teach your child to be responsible for their actions and take pride in all that they are learning!
7. Stay involved! At the end of each day, make it a point to ask your child specific questions such as: How did your test go? Can you tell me something you learned today?
8. Have an open communication with everyone involved in your child’s day.
Taking the opportunities to do these small yet meaningful actions and words will do wonders for your student this year!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.